Relief Fund Started for Hudson Valley Resident Suffering Double Tragedy
The first time I met Sharon Husted and her Dad Ed, I was amazed. Her Dad was in his mid 80s, was still a working musician, and had a quick wit and a great sense of humor. And they were and still are best friends. I don't think there is anything they wouldn't do for each other. Which is part of why this means so much to me.
I didn't even know that Sharon's Dad had suffered a series of strokes in recent days. This is quite a blow for anyone, especially a man who has never had to depend on anyone to get where he wants and do what he wants. Sharon has been back and forth from the hospital to her Dad's house trying to take care of things. Over the weekend, Sharon went to her Dad's to get some rest and woke up with the house on fire. Thankfully she wasn't hurt, but it's going to be a long haul for this family.
A relief fund has been set up through Facebook to help the family through this rough time. Here's the link. Thanks for whatever you can do. And a few prayers wouldn't hurt, either.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie