Poughkeepsie Teen Killed on Route 44
Correction: The article originally stated that Nolan Evanicki was driving in the fatal car crash. He was a passenger in the vehicle that was struck.
An 18-year-old from Poughkeepsie was killed Saturday on Route 44 in Pleasant Valley.
Nolan Evanicki was a passenger in a vehicle driving eastbound at 7:30PM when he turned left on the Taconic State Parkway on-ramp and was struck by a vehicle traveling westbound, New York State Police (NYSP) announced in a press release on Sunday.
Evanicki was extricated by Pleasant Valley Fire Department and pronounced dead on the scene, NYSP said.
Pleasant Valley Fire Department and Mobile Life Ambulance also responded to the scene. The NYSP Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) and State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is conducting an investigation into the cause of the accident.
Any witnesses are asked to call the Troop K State Police Poughkeepsie BCI at (845) 677-7300.
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused 4-Year-Old
- Hudson Valley Officer Fatally Shot in Head
- World Series MVP Engaged to Hudson Valley Woman
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Charged With Murder After Dead Body
- Will The Hudson Valley Experience a Huge Thanksgiving Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Accused of Raping Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley