Police: Pair Found With Assortment of Drugs on Taconic
Police say two men were found driving on the Taconic State Parkway with weed and other drugs.
On Thursday around 10 p.m., troopers conducted a vehicle and traffic stop on a 2004 Toyota traveling on the Taconic State Parkway in Dutchess County.
A strong odor of marijuana was detected during the interview, police allege.
With the help of a City of Poughkeepsie Police Department narcotics K9 team, 39 grams of marijuana, Clonazepam, Carisoprodol and crack-cocaine were found, police say.
Nicholas Norris, 36, of Newport, M.E. and 33-year-old Clinton Jennings of Bronx were both charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance. Norris was also arrested for criminal possession of marijuana.
- Child Dies From the Flu in Hudson Valley
- Impaired Taconic Driver That Killed 4 Sentenced
- Ruling Made in Fatal Crash Involving Hudson Valley Police Officer
- Potentially Dangerous Animal Terrorizes Hudson Valley Town
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Bowling Alley
- $4,000 Found and Returned Outside Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Driver Walks Away From Horrific Accident on Palisades Parkway
- The Price is Right is Coming Back to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Resident Selected in Major League Soccer Draft
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley