Police: New, Speeding Hudson Valley Motorcyclist Killed in Crash
Police say a speeding and inexperienced Hudson Valley motorcyclist was killed in a crash.
On Tuesday, the Town of Chester Police Department announced their findings into a fatal motorcycle crash.
Last Thursday around 10:30 p.m., police responded to a motorcycle crash on State Route 94 just east of Garden Street.
A 2009 Yamaha motorcycle traveling east left the road and hit several objects. The driver, 29-year-old Michael Simpson of Chester, was transported to Orange Regional Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries, police say.
A preliminary investigation revealed high-speeds and operator inexperience are to blame for the fatal crash, according to the Town of Chester Police Department.
A funeral for Simpson is planned for Wednesday at the Church of the Holy Rosary in Greenwood Lake.
- Investigation Underway After Hudson Valley Man Dies Hiking
- Police: New, Speeding Hudson Valley Motorcyclist Killed in Crash
- ''Historic' Hudson Valley School Bus Now Operating in South Korea
- Hudson Valley Teacher Still Recovering From Vicious Shark Attack
- Hudson Valley Woman Jumps Off Mid-Hudson Bridge
- 16 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Bar Named 'Best in Upstate New York'