Police: Man Crashes Car, Continues Driving Drunk And on Drugs In Hudson Valley
A man is accused of crashing his car, then continuing to drive in the Hudson Valley while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
On Sunday, Saugerties Police responded to High Falls Road for a reported vehicle off the road being pulled out by a truck. When police arrived, the car was already removed.
A witness was able to provide authorities with a description for the car. Shortly after, Saugerties Police received a 911 call reporting an erratic vehicle driving all over the roadway in the Village of Saugerties.
An off-duty police officer and a witness were able to stop the car and keep the driver until police arrived.
Christopher R. Whitehead, 31, of Saugerties was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a felony, a misdemeanor for operating under the influence of drugs and a violation for leaving the scene of a property damage accident.
Whitehead was released by the Village of Saugerties Court and is scheduled to return to court to answer his charges on a later date.
- Deadly Tick Carrying Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York
- Orange County Police Chief Shot, Long Standoff Ends With Suspect Dead
- 2 Sex Offenders Move In Hudson Valley, 1 Near School, Church
- Late Hudson Valley Police Chief To Be Honored With Bridge
- Hudson Valley Woman Endangers Infant While Helping to Hide Man, Police say
35 were arrested for selling heroin, sex offenders moving to local motels and a deadly tick are in this week’s Top 5 Hudson Valley news stories.
Subscribe to WPDH on