Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Over 90 MPH With Heroin in Car
A Hudson Valley man is accused of driving over 90 miles per hour without the car owner’s permission while in possession of drugs.
On Tuesday around 11:10 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office noticed a car allegedly traveling on Broadway in the Town of Esopus over 90 miles per hour.
During the traffic stop, deputies found crack cocaine, heroin and drug paraphernalia inside the car, police say.
The driver, 28-year-old Dariush Moazami of Stormville, is also accused of driving a car without the owner’s permission and with a suspended license.
Moazami was charged with the unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, a felony, and misdemeanors for criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument, criminally using drug paraphernalia and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Moazami also received several undisclosed traffic violations.
Moazami was arraigned in the Town of Esopus Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $5,000 secured bond.
- Will the Hudson Valley See Snow This Weekend?
- Woman Killed by Oncoming Train in Hudson Valley
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
- Coywolf Spotted in Lower Hudson Valley, on Palisades Parkway
- Violent, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sets Fire to Home
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Snorted Heroin Near Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley