Orange County Man Arrested After Drugs, Gun Found
An Orange County man is in jail without bail after police allegedly found a large number of drugs and a loaded gun in his home.
On Friday around 5 a.m., members of the City of Middletown Police Department Narcotics Unit, assisted by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Group and New York State Police, executed a no-knock search warrant at a home on Lafayette Avenue in the City of Middletown.
The search warrant was obtained after an extensive investigation into the sale and trafficking of drugs, specifically crack cocaine, heroin and fentanyl by 37-year-old Shaheed Emery, police say.
Emery was found in the home’s basement. During the search of the home, police allegedly discovered 155 grams of crack cocaine, 55 grams of cocaine, 80 grams of fentanyl, 12 grams of marijuana, 1 loaded .22 caliber handgun and approximately $33,000.
Emery was charged with three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a weapon, all felonies. He was sent to Orange County Jail without bail.
- Hudson Valley Could See 6 Inches of Snow
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Hit By 2 Cars While Walking
- Police: Man Commits Suicide on I-84
- Woman Killed in Fire At Hudson Valley Group Home
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Convinced Minors to Send Nude Photos
- Julia Roberts Spotted in the Hudson Valley
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley