NY Jets Present Hudson Valley Football Coach With A Major Award
The New York Jets have announced that a Hudson Valley Football Coach has been awarded their 'Coach of the Week' honors. The award which is presented by Gatorade goes to Warwick Valley High School head football coach Greg Sirico.
The Jets website reports the school will receive $2,000 to put towards the football program while Coach Sirico will receive a Gatorade kit which includes a cooler, squeeze bottles and much more.
Warwick Valley High School also receives an automatic bid to play in the 2019 Jets 7 on 7 tournament. Coach Sirico will also be attending the December 23rd matchup between the Jets and Packers where he'll be sitting in a luxury suite. He'll be honored on that day with a certificate and award ball.
Now in it's 23rd year the award goes to a coach in the tri-state area that serves the best interest of the game through the teaching of sound fundamentals, the motivation of young players to achieve and the promotion of youth football by way of dedication to their community, the school and their student-athletes.
Coach Sirico has a long history with the school having graduated from there in 1987. He has been working at Warwick Valley High in different capacities since 1996.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie