More Information Learned Regarding July 4th Hudson Valley Murder
Police released more information regarding the brutal murder of a Hudson Valley man on the Fourth of July.
On Wednesday, July 4 around 1:50 a.m., City of Poughkeepsie 911 received a call reporting a stabbing at a home on Hoffman Avenue.
Responding officers found a 25-year-old City of Poughkeepsie resident stabbed once in the chest, police say.
The victim, Maurice Black, was taken to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police allege Michael R. Baker, 30, of Poughkeepsie fatally stabbed Black. Baker was charged with second-degree murder following a police investigation. Police didn't release a motive or how their investigation led to the murder charge.
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in Local Hotel Room
- Fast-tracked Plan Threatens 'Very Existence of the Hudson' River
- Justin Bieber Engaged to Girl From the Hudson Valley
- Red Cross Issues 'Urgent Emergency' For Tri-State
- Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus Confirmed in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley First Responders Save Drowning Girl on Vacation
- Pet Owner Abandons Dog in Hudson Valley With No Food, Water