Job Posting, 10/28/2015: Assistant Traffic Director
ASSISTANT TRAFFIC DIRECTOR – POUGHKEEPSIE, NY
This position requires the preparation, management and maintenance of daily on-air commercial logs, along with the careful and thorough management of commercial inventory in order to maximize station revenue. Responsibilities will include the daily use of software to schedule inventory, posting of daily logs and preparation and maintenance of reports. It requires the use of innovative problem-solving and decision-making skills to achieve station goals and requires teamwork with sales management and account executives to efficiently accommodate advertisers and maintain revenue. The successful candidate will be team-oriented & will excel in a multi-tasking environment. He or she must have strong time-management skills, superior organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, along with strong computer skills. A demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision is a must. Strong analytical skills, professional demeanor and business understanding is also required. Familiarity with Marketron and/or broadcast inventory management software is helpful but not required. Any production or prior broadcast experience is a plus.
• Schedules and tracks commercials for optimum spot placement in order to achieve maximum revenue.
• Daily preparation and maintenance of a minimum of four program logs, along with continuity scheduling.
• Review and reconciliation of all station logs from previous day.
• Data entry of all local orders.
• Preparation and execution of weekly corporate reports.
• Complete affidavits for programming in a timely manner.
• Work with the traffic director to complete all logs in a timely fashion on a daily basis.
• Assist the traffic director on an as-needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Computer literacy in applicable programs (Microsoft Excel and Word) and Marketron
• Superb time management skills
• Superior attention to detail and willingness to double-check work
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Ability to multi-task and handle high-pressure situations and intense deadlines
• Ability to communicate directly and efficiently with traffic director, other management and staff at all levels
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm,Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Current Townsquare Media Broadcasting Employee Qualification Statement: It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.