Is NY Home to The Best Drivers?
Are we, as New Yorkers, good drivers? Depending on who you're talking to, it could go either way.
As Hudson Valley residents I think we could argue that city drivers are the worst, but that's neither here nor there.
According to SmartAssets.com, New York has some of the best drivers in the United States. The site focused on four different categories including drivers with insurance, number of DUIs per driver, average number of deaths per miles driven and how often residents google terms like "traffic ticket" or "speeding ticket."
Before we get to boast about how great we are, let's take a look at the worst of the bunch.
Mississippi, Tennesee, California, Missouri, and New Mexico round out the top five states with the worst drivers.
The top 5 states with the best drivers are as follows:
5. New York
How do you think Hudson Valley driver rank among other New Yorkers?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie