Is Kingston Hudson Valley or Capital Region?
We're always debating where "Upstate New York" officially begins. (Does the Hudson Valley count? Is Buffalo and the Southern Tier considered "Upstate New York" or should we start calling it East Pennsylhio?)
As someone who has lived in Albany, I can tell you that they believe that Kingston is theirs.
There's a more pressing regional New York debate, and you've got to move past the "where is the upstate line" argument for this one: Does Kingston call the Hudson Valley home or does it claim the Capital District?
As someone who has lived in Albany, I can tell you that they believe that Kingston is theirs. I always thought it to be true. Once I moved to the Hudson Valley I learned that we claim it too.
If you're going to argue time, you would determine that Hudson Valley is closer. It's about a half hour from Poughkeepsie. It's almost an hour from Albany.
Another argument you could make is that it belongs to the Capital Region since Kingston used to be the Capital of Albany.
Where do you think it lies?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie