Hudson Valley Woman Jumps Off Mid-Hudson Bridge
The body of a woman who jumped off the Mid-Hudson Bridge was recovered.
On Monday around noon, members from the Lloyd Police Department responded to a 911 call following reports of a person who jumped off the south side of the Mid-Hudson Bridge.
After a coordinated search with numerous police agencies, which lasted for over 2.5 hours, the body of a 53-year-old Marlboro woman was found and recovered by the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit on the east side of the Hudson River near Hyde Park.
The body was transported to Kingston Hospital. The woman's name hasn't been released at this time.
Lloyd Police were assisted at the scene by New York State Police, New York State Police Aviation Unit, Ulster County Sheriff’s Office, Ulster County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit and Dive Team, Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office, Dutchess County Marine Unit, Ulster Hose Dive Team, Highland Fire Dept., Mobile Life Ambulance Service, Town of Marlboro Police, City of Poughkeepsie Police and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Hudson Valley Woman Jumps Off Mid-Hudson Bridge
- 16 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Bar Named 'Best in Upstate New York'
- New York School Bus Drivers Must Submit To Random Drug Tests
- Hudson Valley Teachers Among Highest Paid in United States
- Help Needed in Finding Missing Hudson Valley Girl
- Heat Warning Issued For Hudson Valley Until Late Wednesday
- Police: 2 Sold Drugs Outside Hudson Valley Day-Care