Hudson Valley Woman Charged With Hit-And-Run After Man Injured
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of fleeing the scene after she allegedly hit a man, leaving him unconscious and bleeding very badly.
Just after midnight on Friday, a City of Newburgh police officer was flagged down in the area of 247 Broadway for a person who was hit by a vehicle. The vehicle involved had fled the scene, police say.
Police arrived and found the victim unconscious and bleeding very badly, according to a police scanner.
The victim, who police believe was drunk sustained serious injuries. He was transported by ambulance to St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital and was later transported to Westchester Medical where he is now listed in stable condition.
Officers were able to interview witnesses, obtain a vehicle description and a license plate.
Eventually, the suspect vehicle was located with the assistance of The Town of Newburgh Police Department.
The alleged driver, 21-year-old Kylie M. Johnson of the Town of Newburgh, was charged with leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, a felony.
This investigation is continuing and anyone with information is asked to call City of Newburgh Detectives at 845-569-7509.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Killed in 684 Crash
- Likely Rabid Fox on the Loose in Hudson Valley, Many Bit
- 3rd Poughkeepsie Gang Member Charged in Teen's Murder
- Teen Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crash
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged With Hit-And-Run After Man Injured
- 2 Hudson Valley Officers Jailed For Brutal Inmate Beating