Hudson Valley Man Seriously Injured When Bike Collides With Car
A Hudson Valley man was airlifted to a local hospital after his bicycle collided with a car.
On Saturday around 9:40 a.m., New York State Police and deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call for bicycle vs. car accident on Route 6 in the Town of Rochester.
An investigation at the scene determined a 2016 Honda CRV, driven by 46-year-old Dean A. Quick of High Falls, stopped to make a left turn into a driveway while heading east on Route 6. Alexis Demopoulos, 48, of High Falls, was heading west on his bicycle. Demopoulos tried to stop when the Honda entered the westbound lane, but couldn’t and hit the CRV in the front right corner, police say.
Demopoulos was airlifted to Westchester County Medical Center for treatment. His condition wasn’t released.
Route 6 was closed for about three hours. The investigation into the accident is ongoing, police say.
- DOH: Hudson Valley Doctor Infected Patients With Hepatitis
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child, Kept Images of Sexual Abuse
- Hudson Valley Fire Captain Killed In Car Crash
- Poisonous Caterpillar Found in New York
- Warning: High Risk Sex Offender Living Near Hudson Valley Elementary School
- Over 8 Million New Yorkers Affected By Data Breach
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley