Hudson Valley Mall Named One Of America’s Most Valuable
Malls have slowly been dying out all over the country over the last few years. It's tough to compete with the likes of Amazon and other internet companies, where you can get everything you need without getting out of your pajamas. But a few malls still manage to draw a crowd and make a profit, and one of the biggest ones is right here in the Hudson Valley.
CNBC published a study by research firm Boenning & Scattergood which counts down the top ten most lucrative and valuable malls in the United States. Coming it at Number Four is Woodbury Commons in Central Valley, whose asset value totals $3.2 billion.
Number one on the list is the Ala Moana Center, located in Honolulu, Hawaii, and another New York mall made the cut in the number ten slot: The Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City. These malls often include the best of everything malls have to offer, with retailers, restaurants, grocery stores and more that draw people in.
Do you go to Woodbury Commons often? If you don't, will you be stopping by now?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie