Hudson Valley Doctor Arrested for Unlawful Drug Distribution
A Hudson Valley doctor is accused of distributing controlled substances.
On Friday, 48-year-old Myra Mabry of Catskill, a doctor of osteopathic medicine, was charged with distributing controlled substances outside the course of professional practice and for no legitimate medical purpose.
According to a criminal complaint, between May 2015 and Jan. 2017, Mabry authorized about 51 prescriptions for the controlled substance oxycodone and a co-conspirator filled and picked up at pharmacies in Greene County.
Additionally, between Nov. 2015 and June 2017, Mabry allegedly authorized approximately 44 prescriptions for the controlled substances oxycodone and hydromorphone, which were issued to another person but Mabry filled and picked up at a Greene County pharmacy.
If convicted, Mabry faces up to 20 years in prison, at least 3 years of post-imprisonment supervised release and a maximum $1 million fine.
- Up To 8 Inches of Snow Predicted For Parts of the Hudson Valley
- 1 Killed, 4 Injured in Fiery Crash Near Woodbury Commons
- Sex Offender Moves Near 2 Hudson Valley Colleges
- Hudson Valley Man Enticed Child Into Sexually Activity
- Hudson Valley Doctor Arrested for Unlawful Drug Distribution
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley