Hudson Valley Couple Killed in Home Fire
A couple from the Hudson Valley were killed when their home went up in flames overnight.
On Wednesday around 2:30 a.m., a 911 call reported an active fire at 18 Elm Road in the town of Monroe.
When the Monroe Fire Department arrived at the home they were able to breach the back door and found two victims dead inside the home, police say.
The victims have been identified as Kimberly R. Beauregard and Robert Doremus. Both were 54-year-old and both lived at the home, according to New York State Police.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, but foul play is not suspected at this time, police say. Autopsies were completed and the cause of death will be determined pending toxicology results.
State Police were assisted at the scene by Monroe Fire Department, Lakeside Fire and Rescue Co, NY State Fire, Chester Fire Department, Orange County Fire Services, Woodbury Fire Department, Warwick Fire Department, Greenwood Lake Fire Department, Tuxedo Fire Department, and Monroe Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Ex-Hudson Valley Resident, Teacher Found Dead in South Carolina
- Hudson Valley Couple Killed in Home Fire
- Hudson Valley Teen Jailed For Sexually Abusing 3 Children
- 7 Killed, 15 Injured in Hudson Valley During Labor Day Weekend
- Child Killed in Hudson Valley Crash, 6 Injured, 2 Critically
- Hudson Valley Teen Drowns While Paddleboarding On Labor Day
- Famous Actor Donates to Hudson Valley Father Injured At Work
- Man Drowns Illegally Swimming in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Tree-Trimmer Killed At Work
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered While Vacationing in Nashville
- Many Helping Hudson Valley Family Who Lost Child in Fire
- Many Injured After Exit Ramp Wrong-Way Crash in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Threatened To Shoot School