Hudson Valley Camp Counselor Charged With Rape
A man working as a camp counselor in the Hudson Valley is accused of raping someone at the children's camp.
On Sunday, the New York State Police arrested 24-year-old Saury Minaya of the Dominican Republic, for rape in the 1st degree, a class B felony.
On July 22, 2018, around 1:00 p.m., troopers and investigators responded to Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp on Empire Road in the town of Copake for a report of sexual assault.
Minaya, a counselor at the camp, is accused of raping another camp counselor. According to the Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp's website, the camp is a sleepaway summer camp for children and teens ages 7-16.
According to State Police, no children at the camp were endangered.
Minaya was arraigned before the town of Claverack Court, and remanded to the Columbia County Jail without bail.
- 1 Missing While Swimming in Hudson River, 5 Rescued
- Hudson Valley High School Basketball Standout Killed in Crash
- Exotic Tick Found in Hudson Valley for First Time
- Hudson Valley Camp Counselor Charged With Rape
- Hudson Valley Woman, Former Cop Killed 9 Horses
- Beloved Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Killed in 684 Crash
- Likely Rabid Fox on the Loose in Hudson Valley, Many Bit
- 3rd Poughkeepsie Gang Member Charged in Teen's Murder
- Teen Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crash
- 2 Hudson Valley Officers Jailed For Brutal Inmate Beating