How Well Does New York Protect Against Elder Abuse
Find out how hard New York fights against elder abuse.
The share of U.S. adults aged 65 or older is expected to be 1 in 5 by the year 2030, and 95 percent of elder-abuse cases going unreported, Wallethub has compiled the report determining states with the best elder-abuse protections.
To determine which states fight the hardest against elder-abuse, the states were compared across 14 key metrics. The data set ranges from share of elder-abuse, gross-neglect and exploitation complaints to presence of financial elder-abuse laws.
So, How did New York stack up? Well, we're not the best, but New York was ranked as the 11th best state in terms of elder-abuse protections.
Elder-Abuse Protection in New York
- 2nd - Elder-Abuse, Gross-Neglect & Exploitation Complaints*
- 24th - Total Expenditures on Elder-Abuse Prevention*
- 9th - Number of Certified Volunteer Ombudsmen*
- 21st - Nursing home Quality
- 1st - Presence of Elder-Abuse Forensic Centers
*Per resident aged 65+
You can view the full report at Wallethub's website.