Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Home Fire
A fire in Ulster County claimed the life an elderly woman.
On Thursday around 1:30 a.m., members of the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office responded to assist the West Hurley Fire Department with a fire on John Street in West Hurley. Inside the home, firefighters soon found the one occupant, 89-year-old Anna Olsen.
Olsen was transported to Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley, Broadway Campus, where she died from her injuries sustained in the fire.
Detectives from the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office and members of the Ulster County Arson Task Force are actively investigating the incident. However, at this time, the fire does not appear to be suspicious, police say.
The Ulster County Sheriff’s Office and Ulster County Arson Task Force were assisted by the New York State Police and multiple fire companies.
- Deadly Tick Carrying Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York
- Hudson Valley Taxi Driver Charged For Fatal Crash Where Train Hits Cab
- Police: Dutchess County Lawyer Had Sexual Contact With Client, More Victims Possible
- Hudson Valley MLBer In Middle of Nationwide Debate
- Orange County Police Chief Shot, Long Standoff Ends With Suspect Dead
A local pharmacist tells us how to get a medical marijuana prescription and the benefits of medical marijuana.
Subscribe to WPDH on