Dutchess County Woman Arrested for Identity Theft
A Dutchess County woman is facing multiple counts of identity theft.
On Friday, New York State Police from the Wappinger barracks arrested 39-year-old Susan Odell of Poughkeepsie for two counts of identity theft, felonies.
On Oct. 15, 2017, troopers received a complaint about a fake line of credit opened in a victim’s name.
A long and continued investigation determined Odell opened multiple lines of credit and financial loans in the name of the victim which she used to purchase goods, police say.
Odell was arraigned before the town of Wappinger Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $1,000 cash bail or $3,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley 'Hero' Stops Potential School Shooting
- Hudson Valley Man Becomes National Sensation For Destroying AR-15
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Fleeing Scene of Fatal Accident
- Have You Seen This Missing Hudson Valley Man?
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Leaves Prison, Robs Bank
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley