Cops: Hudson Valley Man With Fitting Name Masturbated in Public
A Hudson Valley man with a name that's comically fitting for the alleged crime is accused of masturbating in public.
On Friday, Brian M. Bates, 47, of Spring Valley was charged with criminal open lewdness in New Jersey.
The Paramus Police Department responded to reports of a man masturbating in front of women at a Paramus doctor's office.
Arriving officers found Mr. Bates in the office's bathroom, with the door open, masturbating while shoving the handle of a toilet bowl scrubber up his backside, police say.
According to police, the act was witnessed by a number of women at the doctor's office.
Bates was taken to a hospital for evaluation after being booked by police.
This isn't the first time Brian M. Bates has been arrested for similar acts, according to police.
According to police, in October 1997, he exposed his penis to a 4-year-old girl at a Barnes & Noble. Later that year two women saw Bates masturbating at the bookstore. In 1998, he was observed touching his exposed penis by three young children at Barnes & Noble.
- Hudson Valley Celebrity Couple Rescues 'In Love' Donkey & Emu
- I Love New York Logo Created By Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Special Needs Student Wins $28 Million in Rape Case
- AMBER Alert: Child Abducted, Likely Traveling Through Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center Is Being Renamed, Revitalized
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Family Member Wanted By FBI
- Hudson Valley Man, 2 Teens Charged With Murder
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust