Children’s Ride Bursts Into Flames at Galleria
A ride at a local mall caught on fire Friday, sending smoke and plastic fumes throughout the mall.
Brendan Eustace captured the aftermath of the fire on his phone after the children's ride caught fire Friday just before 4pm. Eustace says he was shopping on the second floor of Macy's at the Galleria at Crystal Run when he saw "a huge plume of black smoke rise above the escalator."
Eustace is employed by an escalator company so he rushed to the scene to assist when he realized the smoke was coming from the floor below. Someone had just used a fire extinguisher to put out an electing riding stuffed animal that was on fire. According to Eustace, the children's ride was being charged and it appeared that no one was on the stuffed animal when it burst into flames.
After the video was filmed, Eustace left the mall when the smoke and burning plastic fumes became too much for him to handle.
We reached out to the Galleria at Crystal Run to ask what exactly went wrong on Friday but have yet to hear back. We will update this story if we find out more details about the incident..
In case you missed it: