Cab Driver Raped 2 Young Girls in Hudson Valley
A Hudson Valley cab driver raped two young girls after he picked them up from a popular bar scene in the local area.
On Thursday in Orange County Court, 34-year-old Javier Alexander Vilchez Salazar of New Windsor was sentenced to 21 years in state prison and ten years post-release supervision for raping two young women in September and November of 2017, after he had picked them up as fares when he was driving a cab near bars and nightclubs on the waterfront in the City of Newburgh.
“The community will be safer during the two decades that this defendant is incarcerated,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “The defendant’s predatory attacks on unsuspecting women who were merely trying to get home safely deserves a lengthy prison sentence. The bravery and tenacity of the survivors of these attacks in coming forward and cooperating with law enforcement is to be admired, and was indispensable to the successful prosecution of this case.”
In March, Salazar pleaded guilty to two counts of rape.
At the time of his guilty plea, Salazar admitted on November 12, 2017, he was driving a cab by the waterfront in Newburgh when he picked up a young woman who was looking for a cab to take her home. Instead of driving her home, Salazar raped the woman.
Vilchez Salazar also acknowledged on September 3, 2017, he picked up a different young woman by the waterfront in Newburgh and also raped her, instead of driving her home.
- Hudson Valley Brothers Missing After Car Crashes Into River
- Tornado-Like Winds Wrecks Popular Hudson Valley Hiking Trail
- Structure Fire Claims Life of Hudson Valley Resident
- Police: High-Risk Sex Offender Caught Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Teen Killed Near Hudson Valley High School
- 23-Year-Old Killed in Head-On Crash Near Hudson Valley Park
- Cases of Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Triples
- Two School Buses Collide in Hudson Valley
- Police Will Pull You For This in New York Over Next 2 Weeks
- 2 NYPD, Including Groom Killed on Wedding Day in Hudson Valley
- Alarming Number of Hudson Valley Ticks Spread Lyme Disease