Build-A-Bear Promotion Draws Huge Hudson Valley Crowds
UPDATE: As of 11am Build-a-Bear has closed all the lines in the US and Canada for pay your age day.
Earlier this week Build-a-Bear Workshops announced a special deal that had everyone, including the Hudson Valley, talking.
Build-a-Bear announced they would be hosting their first "Pay Your Age Day" at locations across the United States on Thursday, July 12th. It sounds exactly like you would imagine. Parents take their little ones to a Build-a-Bear Workshop and the price of the bear will be however old the child is.
Seems like a great idea with huge savings for parents.
Well early Thursday morning Hudson Valley parents and children excitedly headed toward their local Build-a-Bear Workshops to be met with outrageous lines.
Claire Erika posted the photo below from the Poughkeepsie Galleria around 9am Thursday morning stating that she didn't attempt to get on the line saying that the line "wraps around to Victoria Secret and they were making 2 lines."
Diana Canning also was at the Poughkeepsie Galleria location and said at 9:45am she heard rumblings of a 3 hour wait time with the line looking like this:
Were you able to Pay Your Age today at Build-a-Bear? How long did you wait? Let us know on our Facebook page.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie