5 Injured in Head-On Putnam County Crash
Five people were injured when a driver didn’t pay attention causing a head-on crash in Putnam County.
The crash occurred around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday in front of 349 Tonetta Lake Road, just east of the intersection with Coolidge Drive in the Town of Southeast.
A preliminary investigation determined that a Dodge minivan crossed over the double yellow lines while rounding out a curve and hit a Chevrolet pickup truck head-on, police say.
According to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, the likely cause of the crash was the minivan driver, 23-year-old Karen Stein of Brewster, not paying attention while negotiating the curve.
All five people from the crash, three from the minivan and two from the truck, were taken to Danbury Hospital for treatment of injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
- High-Risk Virginia Sex Offender Now Living Near Hudson Valley School, Nursery
- Man Wanted in Illinois Accused of Killing Hudson Valley Woman
- Beacon Woman Killed In Two-Car Crash
- Upper Hudson Valley Man Killed in 1-Car Crash
- Police: 14 Arrested For Selling Heroin in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley