5 Arrested Following Large Drug Bust in Hudson Valley
Five Hudson Valley men are behind bars after police allegedly found a large amount of heroin, cocaine, a loaded gun and more inside an apartment.
On Wednesday, the New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team in conjunction with the City of Newburgh Police Department conducted a narcotics investigation which resulted in the execution of a search warrant at 222 Broadway in Newburgh.
Authorities found a loaded .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun, approximately 78.5 grams of cocaine, 151 bags of heroin, numerous pills, approximately $8,400 in cash and drug packaging materials, police say.
Taureen Mayshack, 35, 38-year-old Anthony S. Daley, 23-year-old Paul J. Vega, 29-year-old Ahquan J. Stevenson and 60-year-old Keith A. Davis, all of Newburgh, were all charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a weapon, felonies, and a misdemeanor charge for criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Stevenson is facing a second count of felony criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Mayshack, Davis and Stevenson were remanded to Orange County Jail without bail.
Daley and Vega were remanded to Orange County Jail in lieu of $100,000 cash or $100,000 secured bond.
- Hudson Valley School Deals With Shooting Threat After Bomb Scare
- Up To 5 Inches of Snow Predicted for Parts of Hudson Valley
- Orange County School District Deals With Social Media Threat
- Hudson Valley Fire House Planned To Raffle AR-15 Rifle
- Hudson Valley 'Hero' Stops Potential School Shooting
- Hudson Valley Man Becomes National Sensation For Destroying AR-15
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Fleeing Scene of Fatal Accident
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley