15 Displaced Following 3 Fires in Dutchess County
Three fires in just over 12 hours displaced 15 people from the Hudson Valley homes.
On Wednesday around 7:45 p.m., the Arlington Fire District was dispatched to the Shady Brook Trailer Park on Old Manchester Road in the Town of Poughkeepsie for a reported burning odor in the wall.
Three occupants and one dog were inside the trailer at the time of the fire and self-evacuated before the fire department's arrival.
The trailer sustained moderate damage and four occupants, plus the dog, were displaced as a result of the incident, officials say. The Red Cross was notified and is assisting.
Two hours later, the Arlington Fire District responded to a fire at a home on Spring Road in the Town of Poughkeepsie.
Four were inside the home at the time of the fire and self-evacuated before fire department arrival.
According to fire officials, the home sustained severe damage, causing five people to be displaced. The Red Cross was notified and is assisting.
Two firefighters received minor injuries but were not transported to the hospital.
On Thursday around 10 a.m., the Arlington Fire District was sent to Mews Alley in the Town of Poughkeepsie for smoke in a house.
The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire and was discovered when one of the residents arrived home.
First responders found an active fire on the first floor of the home. As a result, the home suffered moderate damage, displacing six occupants. They did not request assistance from the Red Cross, officials say.
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Double-Murder Suicide Near Hudson Valley Schools
- Hudson Valley Hero Dies From 9/11 Illness
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Murdered in Home
- Rare, Potentially Dangerous Animal Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Popular Brand-New Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Who Raped Teens Moves Near High School
- 2 Charged With DWI After One-Car Crash in Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Woman Wanted Again
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley